I'm Nastassja and this is me.
A young woman who believed she could, so she did.
While growing up in NJ, working in NYC and mentally residing in California, my life is anything but ordinary. Or so I'd like to think.
Within the past few years, I managed to graduate college from an accredited university with a BA in English and Journalism, become a non-licensed teacher for both elementary and middle school grades, become a print and runway model, act and appear in an independent film that debuted in AMC theaters in NY, write and self-publish a book that is sold internationally (Down the Rabbit Hole), go to culinary school and get my degree in pastry and baking arts, work for 2 well-known bakeries, start my own business, become more involved in the world of bodybuilding, compete in my first fitness competition and celebrate a couple of great birthdays here and there!
This is only the beginning.
I lead a life that is filled with nothing but great expectations for myself and a family who supports this girl who can't stop and won't stop. Boredom and laziness are words that do not exist in my dictionary. My favorite words are diligence and exuberance and my lifestyle and personality exude nothing but the like.
I am a bodybuilder by morning and a cake decorator by late afternoon. (And baker at home somewhere in between).
How do I balance these two opposing lifestyles and still manage to stay fit? It's simple: moderation. Oh, and a little trick where I make cakes for my family and friends so the fatter they get, the thinner I look... hehe.
I kid, I kid.
In all seriousness though, it's all about balance and knowing what to eat, when to eat and how to eat.
This is where I come in!
I decided to start this fitness lifestyle blog because I wanted to share my experiences, knowledge and fit journey with all of you and I couldn't be any more excited! I'm here to become your fitspiration because I want nothing more than to be able to inspire, motivate and help all of you get to where you want to go.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to let me know. I'd love to hear from you!
And if you would like to get to know a little bit about me, here are some fun (and random) facts:
- I ran cross country, indoor and outdoor track all throughout HS winning over 100 medals. After HS, I continued running on my own, both leisurely and 5Ks for causes.
- I have an obsession with everything and anything 1950s (hence the name Shredded Betty) and Marilyn Monroe.
- I had scoliosis surgery at the age of 12 to keep my spine straight. My entire spine is covered in rods and screws and will be until the day I die.
- I own over 100 dresses. Last time I checked it was 104.
- I wear make-up everyday unless I'm staying home all day or going to the gym. What can I say, I'm an artist!
- I LOVE coffee. The only kind I drink is iced coffee and it has to be flavored. DD > Starbucks. And I hate tea.
- I suffer from migraines. Really, really bad ones. And they occur almost every week.
- I'm Puerto Rican and I don't speak Spanish. I can get by though. Yo tengo hambre!
- My boyfriend is my best friend and we've been together for over 5 years. He's the smartest, most talented person I have ever met.
- I have the most loud, obnoxious laugh in the world. No, really.
- I can't live without music. From the minute I wake up until the very moment I go to sleep, music is playing.
- I still have insecurities about my body, even with all of the hard work I put into it, but I have learned to love myself. One day at a time.
- I have 18 piercings and 7 tattoos. It's really not a lot.
- I love the smell of cookies baking in the oven, Christmas trees and fresh laundry.
- I collect candles, mugs, nutcrackers, anything Marilyn Monroe and vinyls. I still have my record player from when I was a tater tot.
- My idol is my mother. She is my everything. #FamilyFirst
- I am on a bikini to figure journey in the fitness competition world and will be making my figure debut in 2016! I am riding the gain train hardcore!



No comments:
Post a Comment